Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fluctuations

Now that we're getting towards the business end of March, the end of winter is usually starting to become visible. I kind of thought that it was as the temperature had been bouncing around between -10 deg C and +5 deg C. That's a good sign. We even had +10 deg a week or two back. So it was a real shock to step out this morning in -25 deg C. Where the hell did that come from ? A trap for young players is that a sunny winters day translates into colder temperatures. Most often it's warmer when it looks dull and miserable out. On Monday it was my "official" turn to help out at the stables. I do one formal day a week but often it works out being 2 or 3 times during the week. Anyway, as it was only about -4 deg when I was heading out to the stables, I decided that I would jog there. It's not far to the stables, not much more than about 3km. It was a little nippy, but nothing unpleasant and I had my waremr gear on. The problem was when I went to run home again, 2 hours later, and the temperature outside had dropped to -15 deg C. That wasn't a whole lot of fun. I had also been a bit stupid in that I had filled up the water troughs in the paddocks while wearing my running gloves. Naturally enough they had gotten wet so that was a bit dumb. Yesterday was quite pleasant again, sitting about -5. And then this morning we had -25 ! Come on Mid Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment