Thursday, August 14, 2014

Post Drug Era - Day Two

Two nights in a row without my prescription sleeping meds, put that down as a 12 month record. It sounds ridiculous, but from my perspective it is a massive achievement. Two whole nights and I still went to work. Pretty much the same proceedure as the first night, waking at 3, 4, and then 6am. I wonder what it is about those particular hours ? It's not a daylight issue as I've managed to sleep through 24 hour daylight for 6 years. Could it be a certain amount of time after falling asleep ? I've gone to bed at around the same time both evenings. It might be something happening outside at those hours. I'm a fairly light sleeper at the best of times and maybe I'm more aware of things without the heavier meds. Although we do live fairly high about street level, with triple glazing. I guess it could be as simple as the weather, we still have warm and humid nights. Who knows but it does seem weird that I've woken within about 15 minutes of the same times I had woken the previous night. The actual time that it takes to fall asleep is a bit hazy, but I don't have the feelings of it taking forever. Usually it would leave me with a bit of a sense of fear about actually going to bed.
 
The times when I have slept, the experience has been ok. Previously, any sleep I was able to muster without the meds was quite traumatic. Bizarre dreams full of stresses and unpleasantness. The past 2 nights have also been rather full of visions and scenes, but the content has been more welcoming. Still a combination of reality and fiction, but with a more positive slant. I didn't get the feelings of fear and panic which have accompanied previous dreamtimes. Today I feel tired. Naturally enough as I have only had, at most, about 6 hours of non continuous sleep for each of the past 2 nights. I'm more tired than I was yesterday morning, but not twice as tired. Probably shouldn't be operating heavy machinery right now. I still feel ok about trying out various different options, sleeping times, and the like. It's Friday tomorrow and then I've got 2 days of not having to leap out of bed with the alarm ringing at 6:30am. If the fatigue is not too much of an issue after 5 days. I'm kind of thinking that, if I get tired enough, then my body won't have any choice but to sleep. eventually. Either that or I'll die. I guess we'll all know if the posts stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment